- SECTOR: Exploration - International
- LOCATION: Burkina Faso, West Africa
- DATE: 2015 - 2019
- EQUIPMENT: Zinex A5 (3)
Geotech Burkina Faso SARL is an entity of Geotech Drilling and consisted of two skid mount A5 drills which were shipped to Burkina Faso in 2015. Small programs of 5,000 to 10,000 meters were completed in 2015/2016, with the client deciding to ramp up exploration activities in 2017 and 2018 to 60,000 to 70,000 meters annually.
A third drill was shipped to country in late 2016 to facilitate and meet the production expectations of the client. A total of over 160,000 meters has been drilled at the Yaramoko property by Geotech SARL. HQ and NQ drilling were completed since 2015, with HQ being used in saprolite and NQ used to advance to target depths.
Geotech Burkina Faso SARL has trained and promoted local employees to almost all positions within the branch.
- Holes up to 1500 meters in challenging rock conditions
- Saprolite up to 60 meters deep
- Importations and taxation challenges
- Training and mentorship programs to promote local hires and career advancement
- Streamlined inventory request process in a challenging environment
- Country Manager who lives in Burkina with 20+ years’ experience
- Deep hole wedges were used for 1300 meter holes
- All senior drilling positions are held by Burkina residents who have been trained by ex-pats
- Local employments starting with 50% in 2015 to 95% local work force currently