B2 Gold Exploration
- SECTOR: Exploration - International
- LOCATION: Burkina Faso, West Africa
- DATE: 2017 - 2019
- EQUIPMENT: Zinex A5 & Fraste FS250
From the initial successes of creating a branch in Burkina Faso, for the purposes of supporting large diamond drilling programs at Yaramoko for Roxgold, Geotech SARL expanded its operations with B2 Gold becoming a client in 2017, to complete RC and diamond drilling operations. A track mounted multi-purpose drill was shipped to complete an initial 10,000 meters of drilling at drill sites near Manga and Po.
Upon completion of the initial program, Geotech SARL shipped a 4th diamond drill to country in 2018 to replace the track drill and focus on coring operations for B2 Gold. Since Q3 of 2018, the Burkina operations have completed programs at 3 different sites for a total of an additional 12,000 meters of HQ drilling.
- Deeper areas of saprolite with squeezing clays
- Water access and availability
- Politically unstable climate
- Local drillers with 4 years-experience working in country
- Mud and casing programs when working in deep saprolite
- Streamlined import and support processes for working in West Africa