RoxGold Africa Exploration Program
- SECTOR: Mining
- LOCATION: Burkina Faso, West Africa
- DATE: 2015
- EQUIPMENT: Trailer mount Zinex A5, skid Zinex A5
Geotech Afrique which was initially an entity of Geotech Drilling, and consistent of two skid mount A5 drills shipped to Burkina Faso in 2015. Small programs of 5,000 to 10,000 were completed in 2015/2016, with the client deciding to ramp up exploration activities in 2017 and 2018 to 60,000 to 70,000 meters annually. A third drill was shipped to country in late 2016 to facilitate and meet the production expectations of the client.
During the 2017 campaign, Geotech converted from its Afrique title to a Burkina based branch registered in country as Geotech Drilling Services Burkina Faso SARL. All senior drilling positions are held by Burkina residents who have been trained by ex-pat individuals committed to the program during its growth years. A total of over 160,000 meters has been drilled at the Yaramoko property by Geotech SARL.
HQ and NQ drilling were completed since 2015, with HQ being used in saprolite and NQ used to advance to target depths. Deep hole wedges were using for a 1300 meter + drilling program at the Zone 55 area of the program.
- Holes up to 1500 meters in challenging rock conditions
- Saprolite up to 60 meters deep
- Importations and taxation challenges
- SARL has trained and promoted local employees to almost all positions within the branch, starting with 50% local employees in 2015 to 95% local work force currently.
- Streamlined inventory request process in a challenging environment
- Country Manager who lives in Burkina with 20+ years’ experience