*Notice: Geotech has recently been the target of internet phishing. If you have recently received an unsolicited e-mail regarding employment with Geotech, please disregard and delete from your system. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience; we are working diligently to rectify this challenge. For employment opportunities at Geotech, please see below and apply through our online application system.
Jobs Available Now
Geotech Drilling Services Ltd., one of Canada’s leading drilling companies, is committed to upholding excellence in customer service. With that comes a growing demand for enthusiastic, career-minded personnel.
The Geotech team is focused on continually implementing the most technologically advanced drilling techniques to increase the efficiency and the accuracy of field data collection. We specialize in geotechnical, geothermal, environmental, hydrogeological and exploration drilling services.
We employ professional, energetic, solution minded individuals that endeavour to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. We also feature state of the art equipment to facilitate exemplary quality control.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We thank all that apply; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Accounts Payable Clerk- Prince George, BC
Geotech is looking for a motivated Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team! The position has become available due to an internal shuffle of the accounting team. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative in their day to day schedule. This dynamic role involves working closely with the accounting team of 6 to successfully handle everything from data entry to full cycle accounts payable. You will be involved in posting, processing cheques and liaising with vendors in regards to invoicing. It requires an individual with ambition and the confidence to manage the workload of an ever-changing project based group of companies.
- 2+ years of applicable experience
- Accounting degree or diploma considered a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Excellent Excel skills are preferred
- Experience with Sage 50 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV are considered strong assets
- Experience working in a project based working environment considered an asset
- Willingness to support accounting team at all levels including vacation coverage
Competitive wages with full benefit package offered after probationary period.
We thank all those that apply but only candidates we wish to meet with will be contacted.
Come join our progressive company and be a part of something exciting!
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Position closes December 6, 2019
Exploration Project Manager- Prince George, BC
Geotech Exploration is actively looking for an experienced Exploration Project Manager to join our team in Prince George. We are looking for an energetic, professional, solution minded individual, with extensive experience in the diamond drilling industry. This individual will work closely with our senior management team to help grow and improve our exploration services.
The Exploration Project Manager (PM) is accountable for all aspects of Geotech exploration projects from their inception to execution. This includes planning, execution, managing employees, resources, costs, scheduling and scope of projects. The PM is also accountable for communicating with all appropriate stakeholders involved with projects (i.e. clients, management, employees, operations, shop, human resources (HR), health and safety (H&S), First Nations and regulators as appropriate, etc.).
The PM is responsible for the technical quality and implementation of procedures completed by their team and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate training and technical support is available. The PM is also responsible for ensuring that all members of their team, comply with all the company’s HR and H&S policies, technical and administrative procedures, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements.
This role includes leading and coaching team members, supervisors and other employees as required. The PM must ensure that all team members agreed-to goals and objectives are achieved in accordance with their team’s and the company’s expectations and policies/procedures.
The role also has responsibility for developing business relationships and increasing profitable sales revenue for the company and its subsidiaries.
Candidates will possess the following skills and expertise:
- 8+ years’ drilling/supervising on Exploration drill programs.
- Strong interest and preferably experience in project management, business development and client relations.
- Strong understanding of deadlines and budgets.
- Well connected in the Canadian exploration industry with the drive to help grow, expand and continuously improve the division.
- Heli-portable and skid mounted drill program experience including set up and tear down.
- Proven ability to meet client targets safely and on time.
- Strong health and safety consciousness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel and ability to use other project management software.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, problem solve and prioritize work.
- Ability to coach, train and manage staff.
- Ability to travel to support projects and business development as required.
Hours of Work:
While it is understood the time requirements for this position will be variable throughout the year, it is expected that the majority of the work scheduled will be completed from the Prince George office Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; however, will require travel for field/client visits and business trips, often extending up to seven days at a time regularly throughout the year. Flexibility in work schedule is to be expected to ensure the requirements of the position are met, including weekends and holidays.
Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Position closes February 15, 2019
Service Writer / Shop Purchaser Assistant– Prince George, BC
Geotech is still seeking a motivated Service Writer/Shop Purchasing Assistant(SP) to join our head office in Prince George. This exciting position is an integral part of the operations team and offers a diverse array of responsibilities that supports multiple departments. The main functions of the SP are the accurate, timely, and cost-effective purchasing of materials and the testing of equipment for a busy drill rig mechanic shop.
The SP is also responsible for placing designated purchase orders, and completing, tracking, distributing and filing the applicable documentation. The SP contacts designated suppliers for specific information and to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders. The SP is responsible for responding to supplier/ vendor inquiries related to purchase orders such as status of order. The SP provides information on purchasing policies and procedures, records inquiry details and assists suppliers/ vendors where needed on related Purchasing services.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Input data to complete requisitions.
- Create and populate purchase orders, works with vendors to coordinate delivery based on project, time, and place.
- Resolve errors on purchase orders as required.
- Continuously liaise with vendors as required.
- Monitor price increases and communicate changes as necessary.
- Administer Vendor Management Inventory system and Tender Matrix.
- Investigate and determine cause for materials that arrive incorrectly or that are misdirected.
- Return unused items, cores and warranties as required.
- Contact designated suppliers for specific information and to arrange adjustments to invoices and modifications to original orders.
- Respond to vendor / supplier inquiries related to purchase orders.
- Provide information to vendors on purchasing policies and procedures.
- Work closely with entire management team and formally report to the Shop Manager on a regular basis to discuss successes and challenges in achieving objectives.
- Strategically work with operations team on procurement policies and procedures.
- Analyze incoming receipts to update vendor price files.
- Test drill rigs and all support equipment.
- Document findings and tag as required.
- Notify Shop Manager or Project Manager of any deficiencies.
- Maintain and order stock of consumables, shop supplies and common parts for equipment.
- Understand and manage required hydraulic stock (fittings, valves, motors, pumps, etc.).
- Maintain, clean and organize all parts areas.
- Receive inventory and store in appropriate areas.
- Manage specific storage areas in lower yard.
Ideally applicants will have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role. Ongoing training will be provided.
- Parts Person/Service Writer experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Positive attitude and the ability to handle stress with professionalism.
- Computer skills including understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of the drilling industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and heavy duty equipment would be a strong asset.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Position closes December 13, 2019