*Notice: Geotech has recently been the target of internet phishing. If you have recently received an unsolicited e-mail regarding employment with Geotech, please disregard and delete from your system. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience; we are working diligently to rectify this challenge. For employment opportunities at Geotech, please see below and apply through our online application system.
Jobs Available Now
Geotech is one of Canada’s leading geotechnical and explorations drilling companies and is committed to upholding excellence in customer service. With that comes a growing demand for enthusiastic, career-minded personnel.
The Geotech team is focused on continually implementing the most technologically advanced drilling techniques to increase the efficiency and the accuracy of field data collection. We specialize in geotechnical, geothermal, environmental, hydrogeological and exploration drilling services.
We employ professional, energetic, solution minded individuals that endeavour to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. We also feature state of the art equipment to facilitate exemplary quality control.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We thank all that apply; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Controller- Prince George, BC
Geotech is looking for a motivated Controller to join their growing team! The Controller identifies and implements best practices in historical financial reporting, control and compliance. The Controller is responsible for the design and implementation of an accounting and financial reporting process that ensures financial statements are prepared and communicated in an efficient (low-cost), timely and high quality (low error rate) manner. The Controller acts as lead to the entire accounting team and is responsible for mentorship, coaching and staff development. It is also their responsibility to prepare interim and annual financial statements, analysis and audits. The Controller must demonstrate top-notch financial reporting, systems, control and an ability to work with others across the organization (even where they do not have direct control of resources) in order to deliver improvements on time and on budget.
- Lead the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions.
- Provide general accounting support functions to other accounting staff with accordance with organizational requirements.
- Provide general accounting support for other jointly controlled companies.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Perform all Treasury duties.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciliation of records with internal and external parties.
- Ability to recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Randomly audit work flow to assure transactions are appropriately authorized and accurate.
- Assist in developing internal controls and database management.
- Assist in supervision and preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Review monthly closing entries.
- Review bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist in assuring internal control compliance.
- Assist with yearly audit preparation and assist auditors as required.
- Maintain capital asset schedule.
- Assist in annual budgets.
- Assist in maintaining the Rig Schedule.
- Assist in preparation of timely and accurate financial statements.
- Perform data entry as directed.
- Mentor/Coach the company Accountant, Junior Accountant, AR/AP clerks and Payroll Coordinator
- Work on special projects and assist the CFO as needed.
- Accounting Degree or Diploma and 5+ years of applicable experience
- CPA designation preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Excellent Excel skills are critical
- Experience with Sage 50 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV are considered strong assets
- Experience working in a project based working environment considered an asset
- Willingness to support accounting team at all levels from data entry to full cycle accounting
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, 30-minute lunch. Schedule is flexible to accommodate personal commitments.
Salary and Benefits: To be determined, commensurate with experience. Competitive wages with full benefit package offered.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Position closes February 14, 2020
Exploration Project Manager- Prince George, BC
Geotech Exploration is actively looking for an experienced Exploration Project Manager to join our team in Prince George. We are looking for an energetic, professional, solution minded individual, with extensive experience in the diamond drilling industry. This individual will work closely with our senior management team to help grow and improve our exploration services.
The Exploration Project Manager (PM) is accountable for all aspects of Geotech exploration projects from their inception to execution. This includes planning, execution, managing employees, resources, costs, scheduling and scope of projects. The PM is also accountable for communicating with all appropriate stakeholders involved with projects (i.e. clients, management, employees, operations, shop, human resources (HR), health and safety (H&S), First Nations and regulators as appropriate, etc.).
The PM is responsible for the technical quality and implementation of procedures completed by their team and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate training and technical support is available. The PM is also responsible for ensuring that all members of their team, comply with all the company’s HR and H&S policies, technical and administrative procedures, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements.
This role includes leading and coaching team members, supervisors and other employees as required. The PM must ensure that all team members agreed-to goals and objectives are achieved in accordance with their team’s and the company’s expectations and policies/procedures.
The role also has responsibility for developing business relationships and increasing profitable sales revenue for the company and its subsidiaries.
Candidates will possess the following skills and expertise:
- 8+ years’ drilling/supervising on Exploration drill programs.
- Strong interest and preferably experience in project management, business development and client relations.
- Strong understanding of deadlines and budgets.
- Well connected in the Canadian exploration industry with the drive to help grow, expand and continuously improve the division.
- Heli-portable and skid mounted drill program experience including set up and tear down.
- Proven ability to meet client targets safely and on time.
- Strong health and safety consciousness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel and ability to use other project management software.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, problem solve and prioritize work.
- Ability to coach, train and manage staff.
- Ability to travel to support projects and business development as required.
Hours of Work:
While it is understood the time requirements for this position will be variable throughout the year, it is expected that the majority of the work scheduled will be completed from the Prince George office Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; however, will require travel for field/client visits and business trips, often extending up to seven days at a time regularly throughout the year. Flexibility in work schedule is to be expected to ensure the requirements of the position are met, including weekends and holidays.
Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Position closes February 15, 2019